- A modernized user experience
- Improved usability, efficiency, and productivity through a greater level of process transparency, workflow automation, and AI-driven insight
- Increased agility and adaptability
THE BUSINESS OBJECTIVE
THE BUSINESS OUTCOME
Immediate UX Improvements
Address user pain points while the legacy system is replaced over time.
Make research and complex adjustments more productive for claims representatives.
& Support Costs
Increase system flexibility to enable agile development of updates and new features.
New Client Acquisition
& Improved Retention
Meet changing customer needs with faster onboarding, reduced friction, and ease of use.
During the discovery phase we faced:
- A vast, 4000+ mainframe screen system, making data collection a challenge.
- An accelerated timeline to modernize the UX without impacting the critical claims system.
- The need for an adaptable interface, capable of meeting various business requirements.
Leveraging our unique, combined expertise in UX and software architecture, we envisioned:
- A focused technology strategy involving a robust API gateway to simplify data access and enable AI capabilities.
- A user-friendly interface built on top of the legacy claims system, making data collection more accessible on the front end.
- A centralized workspace with flexible interface templates and customizable content comparison capabilities.
UX Research & Vision
- Developed user personas and mapped user needs to core experiences and journeys
- Constructed an integrated, user-centric experience around business, process, and technology needs
- Developed a comprehensive set of solution requisites
- Explored and visualized UX/UI concepts
- Conducted UX-based vendor assessment and selection
- Developed logical and technical future state architectures
- Identified opportunities to leverage AI models for claims auto-assignment; OON negotiation; and fraud, waste, and abuse reduction
- Evaluated technology and vendor options; conducted vendor technical review
- Established solution vision, technical architecture, and transition strategy to support the client’s core services, features, and functionality
- Conceptualized a modern, user-centric experience and reimagined claims workbench and workflows
- Recommended technical architecture, tools, and technology
- Developed UX/UI and legacy “core engine” modernization strategy
- Prioritized and aligned roadmap and execution plan with business goals
- Created team structure, timeline, and cost estimation
Proof of Concept
- UX/UI clickable prototype
- Proof of concept for key business use cases and workflows to prove out capabilities
Talk to an Expert.
X by 2 merges more than 25 years of healthcare domain experience with cutting edge technology, advanced data analytics and human-centric design to lead you through every step of the product development lifecycle.